A few weeks into summer vacation the novelty of staying up late, sleeping in, and watching a lot of TV starts to wear off…It can be tough to keep kids entertained everyday for weeks on end (just ask their teachers). So, if your kids start griping about being bored or if you are anxious to get them out of the house check out these nearby places and have some fun with them:
- Let your child’s creative juices flow at Artful Possibilities! This awesome studio offers a variety of fun art and craft classes for kids as well as open painting with a huge selection of ceramic and plaster pieces to choose from. Click here to check out the schedule of upcoming classes or call (352) 600-7904 for additional information.
- Skating at the Locomo is always a great indoor option! You may bring your own skates or they have them for rent. With different events and music each day, they offer teen skates, family skates, open skates, and overnight skates throughout summer. Click here for additional information or call (352) 340-5904.
- Fun in the sun is at Buccaneer Bay! The water slides, kiddie pool, and lazy river ride are now open daily through the summer. Admission of $13 for adults and $8 for kids age 6-12 (under 5 are free) includes all of the attractions at Buccaneer Bay as well as mermaid shows, reptile shows, river boat rides, and more at Weeki Wachee Springs State Park. If you plan on going a lot this summer annual passes are available for $60 per person. Click here for more information or call (352) 592-5656.
- Bounce on over to Bounce Party (16617 US HWY 19 in Hudson) and let the kids wear themselves out! This nearly 9,000 square foot indoor arena is filled with gigantic inflatable slides, fun houses, and creative obstacle courses. Click here for open bounce times or call (727) 857 6969 for additional information.
- Catch a cheap movie at one of the local theaters! Spring Hill 8 Sapphire Motion Pictures (2955 Commercial Way, Spring Hill, Florida 34606) is offering $0.50 admission to the theater every Tuesday and Saturday at 10:00 a.m. and Beacon Cinemas (12961 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613) is offering $1 admission every Tuesday and Thursday at 10:00 a.m. Click here to see the full movie schedules and for additional information!
- Burn some energy at Springleton Fun Park! Located at 9227 County Line Road this place offers go-karts, miniature golf, train rides, bounce house, a full arcade, brick oven pizza, and delicious carnival food. Click here for additional information or call (352) 340-7723.
- Free bowling at Strike City all summer long! Register your child(ren) for free athttps://www.kidsbowlfree.com/center.php?alley_id=713 and they can bowl TWO GAMES PER DAY FREE through October 1st. Please use SpringHillNow@gmail.com as the referrer’s email address when registering. All participants must wear bowling shoes and the standard shoe rental rates apply. Strike City is located at 3544 Mariner Blvd, Spring Hill, FL 34609. For additional information call (352) 683-7576.
Do you know of a cool, family-friendly place in the area that we didn’t include on our list?
Email the details to SpringHillNow@gmail.com and we may add it.