Tis the season to be jolly…and there are a TON of events in Hernando County to get you in a festive mood! Spring Hill Now’s 2015 List of Holiday Events & Festivities will be updated with EVERY new event we find so check back often and share it with your friends!
This list will be on the homepage of www.SpringHillNow.com under “SHN’s Picks” through the holidays so you can easily find it again…and again…and again! You can also search events by day using the community calendar at www.SpringHillNow.com/calendar.
Please click on the title of each event to get more information:
- Cut Your Own Christmas Tree at a (somewhat) local farm!
- Candy Cane Acres is open every Friday and Saturday evening through December 19th at the Hernando County Fairgrounds featuring a light display, Christmas village, and lots of treats.
- Christmas Train Rides to the North Pole to meet Santa are available on select dates November 28th through December 20th at Crews Lake Wilderness Park.
- Grinchmas Tree Lighting Festival from 4:00 until 8:00 pm on December 4th in Crystal River
- Christmas Boat Parade on Hernando Beach December 4th is FREE to watch and open to the public. The parade starts at 6:00 at the Yacht Club (4163 Shoal Line Boulevard) then proceeds through the local canals down to the public boat ramp.
- Light up Ridge Manor Christmas Festival December 4th promises to be tons of fun for the whole family featuring tons of fun games and activities as well as Christmas Carolers, a cake walk, and amazing performances by local children’s groups. Santa Claus will be making a special appearance as well as Smokey the Bear and Big Frog. Dance to the fun music of Dell Barnes, enjoy great food vendors, and more!
- Weeki Wachee River Christmas Boat Parade is being held December 5th. Boats will leave the Weeki Wachee Marina at 6:30 p.m. and proceed to the judging area at Rogers Park (7244 Shoal Line Blvd, Spring Hill, FL 34607) then head to Bayport Pier. Spectators can enjoy the parade at either location with no cost for admission.
- Safety Harbor Snowfest December 5th from 4:30 until 8:30 pm featuring a giant 20 foot ice slide, a snow play area, live entertainment, carnival games, meet and greets with the Frozen characters, bounce houses, a rock climbing wall, various vendors, delicious food, and more.
- Breakfast With Santa December 6th featuring all you can eat eat pancakes with the big guy himself! You’ll also enjoy sausage, juice, milk, and coffee. Santa will be there and with a surprise for each child while supplies last.
- Wilderness Wonderland Celebration of Lights on select dates starting December 10th where you can drive thru Jay B. Starkey Wilderness Park to enjoy an outdoor light display that is coordinated to “dance” to popular festive Holiday music.
- A Merry Medieval Madrigal Feast dinner show December 11th & 12th featuring traditional Christmas music by the Faith EPC Choir, comedic and dramatic presentations featuring the royal court put on by the Justify Drama Team and Live Oak Theatre Company.
- Annual Winter Waterland Festival at Weeki Wachee Springs is being held December 11th, 12th, 18th, and 19th. The park will be all lit up for visitors to enjoy holiday mermaid shows, a live nativity scene, photo ops, and much more.
- 41st Annual Brooksville Christmas Parade December 12th in downtown Brooksville featuring marching bands, floats, clowns, horses, and Santa.
- Skating with Santa at the Locomo December 12th from 7:00 until 10:00 pm featuring an evening skating to holiday tunes, games, food, and hanging out with dear ol’ Saint Nick. $2 admission includes regular skates. Call (352) 340-5904 for additional information.
- Christmas Car Show to benefit December 12th to benefit the Foster Parents Association of Hernando County featuring food, music, a kid zone, and raffles.
- Holiday Concert Spectacular December 18th at 7:00 pm in Hernando High School’s auditorium. Guests can enjoy the sounds of the season for FREE.
- Ice skating at Tampa’s “Downtown on Ice” is open for the season through January 3rd and features a 50 ft. x 100 ft. outdoor (yes outdoor) real ice rink at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park. Enjoy a beautiful view and 90 minutes of skating for just $12 per person which includes skates. No reservations are needed.
If you know of an event that hasn’t made this list please send all of the details to
SpringHillNow@gmail.com so we can add it.