Hernando County Emergency Management continues to monitor Hurricane Irma. Government leaders are assessing current and forecasted conditions to determine the need for additional emergency protective measures. A local State of Emergency is currently in effect.
* Four self-serve sandbag distribution sites will be open starting Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at the following locations. Sand and sandbags will be available starting from 8 a.m. until sundown and will be available until further notice. Bring your own shovel.
1. Hernando County Department of Public Works, 1525 East Jefferson Street, Brooksville, FL 34601
2. Hernando County Fire Rescue Station 1, 1479 Parker Avenue, Spring Hill, FL 34606
3. Hernando Beach Water Tower, 4500 Shoal Line Boulevard, Hernando Beach, FL 34607
4. Ridge Manor Community Center, 34240 Cortez Blvd Dade City, FL 33523
* Pine Island Park, located at 10840 Pine Island Drive near Bayport, will be closed on Thursday, September 7 until further notice due to potential flooding.
* Residents should closely monitor the progress of this system through local media outlets.
* Check emergency supply kits, and ensure plans and preparations to secure personal property are complete.
Stay tuned as more information becomes available.