The Life Center is home to young, single moms and their babies who are at risk of becoming homeless. TLC provides shelter, food, toys, acceptance and mentors. The mothers participate in a three year program and the goal is to have prepared each young mom in terms of skills, initiative, personal vision, maturity, and overall wellness. The Life Center will enable her to step into a life of healthy, responsible independence and self-sufficiency that she has created for herself rather than living a life which she has little or no control over.
Not so long ago The Life Center’s poor “Little House” only had 3 exterior walls and roof that could be salvaged. The Hernando County community, brought lumber, electrical, plumbing, A/C and heating. More brought labor and a handicap ramp and drywall and paint. They brought hope on the days it seemed hopeless. Now that the house is occupied the primary need is always going to be financial support. The cost to support two mothers and their children will be around $800 monthly. There are also a variety of items that are needed as well as volunteers and advice! So be it money, tangible donations, your time, or your wisdom please give what you can to help ensure that The Life Center of Hernando County can continue on and work miracles in the lives of young people that need this kind of support.
It costs $800 per month to keep the Life Center going. Please consider making a one time gift of ANY amount, a monthly pledge for $10 or more, or pay a recurring bill (i.e. electric, internet, vehicle insurance, etc.). Donating online using a credit/debit card or PayPal account is as easy as a few clicks. Click here to make a donation online now!
Checks can also be made payable to:
The Life Center
3443 Minnow Creek Drive
Hernando Beach, FL 34607
The washing machine and dryer are currently being kept on an uncovered porch exposed to the elements. Materials and labor to build a cover are desperately needed.
Needs for the home:
- Door mat
- Bunk bed
- Fresh vegetables
- Fresh/frozen meat
- Canned goods
- Bibs burp cloths
- Body wash
- Bottle warmer
- Breast pads
- Breast milk pump
- Infant car seat – not expired
- Baby comb
- Crib sheets
- Diaper cream
- Diaper pail with lid
- Disposable diapers (any size, but 5 is especially good)
- Cloth Diapers + pins
- Digital thermometer
- High chair
- Baby lotion
- Baby monitor
- Baby nail clippers
- Nasal aspirator
- Nursing pillow
- Baby oil
- Baby shampoo
- Bottle warmer
- Baby formula – not expired
Pre-school age needs:
- Girls shirts size 3 or 4
- A wagon for walking around the neighborhood with a 2 and 3 year old in tow
- Educational toys (they stack, or use letters or numbers or make something)
- Sand box or plastic wading pool for sand
- Sand for sand box
- Sandbox toys
- Riding toys
- Craft supplies for little guys (2-4)
- Dolls and doll gear like dishes
- Trucks, trains, blocks, puzzles, books
- Car seat for a 35 pound child – not expired
- Maternity pants or yoga pants in size small
- Gift cards/tickets for activities (movies)
- Birthday gifts – new items for babies, preschoolers or adults
- Special event tickets
- Gas cards
- Gift card for nursing bras
Volunteers interested in helping with the following:
- Fund raising
- Party planner
- Professional services
- Life Skill teachers who can offer 1 class or a series of classes
- Drivers willing to offer an occasional ride to a resident
Really BIG needs:
- A building for a second residence expansion
- Any kind of vehicle with a title- running or not -for the vehicle donation program. This includes motorcycles, boats, trailers and airplanes.
- A vehicle for use by TLC to transport residents.
- A monthly sponsor to provide internet service
- Monthly financial support (pledge as little as $10 per month or as much as you’d like) Click here to make a donation online now!
This list will be updated regularly so please check back often to see the list of current needs. If you would like to donate baby or household items please call Mary Kay at (352) 238-9561 to coordinate.
For additional info or questions please email email@example.com or call (352) 597-0119.
Please take the first step in supporting The Life Center of Hernando County by
clicking here to “like” their Facebook page.
For more information about The Life Center visit http://www.lifecenterofhernando.com/