The Life Center (TLC) of Hernando is in need of a “House Parent”. TLC is a charitable organization and residential living facility that takes in young, single moms who are at risk of becoming homeless. The mothers and children are provided with shelter, food, toys, acceptance, mentors and a sense of belonging through family-style living. They participate in a three year program and the goal is to prepare each young mom in terms of skills, initiative, personal vision, maturity, and overall wellness during that time. The “House Parent” lives onsite and manages the daily operation of the house among other things. This is a volunteer position but the House Parent does get a room and all utilities paid for. There aren’t a lot of responsibilities, but the house parent has to be an EXCELLENT role model. Please call Barbara at (352) 597-0119 or email email@example.com if you are interested! Below are the full details of the position:
Live In Provider with/without child for The Life Center of Hernando
- Must have State of Florida mandatory training classes for early childcare family daycare home, CPR/First Aid. CDA credential helpful, can be working toward
- Reliable transportation is desirable
- As needed. Work Days: Monday – Friday
- Work Hours: 6:00 AM – 6 PM
- Drug Free Workplace
- Experience caring for children
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude toward job, team and facility
- Maintain professionalism and confidence and can tactfully communicate with parents.
- Demonstrate a genuine love and care for children; is a positive role model
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate and work with others.
- Demonstrate consistent integrity, dependability, responsibility and be able to meet deadlines.
- Possess effective verbal/written communication and expression.
- Display a professional appearance with appropriate dress.
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
- Adaptable and flexible under stressful and/or unusual situations.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Able to show initiative and make decisions
Job Duties/Essential Functions:
- Planning and participating in indoor and playground class activities
- Planning menus and preparing meals for children, assist children with meals
- Bathroom assistance and diapering if/as needed
- Record keeping of all daily operations pertaining to the daycare and its children; attendace sheets, meal attendance, firedrills, accident/incident reports
- Making sure children’s files are current on all mandatory paperwork, recording childrens progress for the state requirements for school readiness, immunizations, etc
- Keeping home and toys clean
- Ensuring the safety for all age groups
- Communicating issues with a child to the parent in a tactful manner
- Prepare fun activities, ensuring appropriateness for various ages and abilities
- Make suggestions of activities and supplies for the program consistent with budget provided by Director.
- Follow instructions from supervisor and/or parent.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment.
- This position requires the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 25 pounds.