Kids love being creative and we’ve got quite a few local places that offer fun art classes or craft projects.
Click on the name of each establishment for details.
- Home Depot (4765 Commercial Way, Spring Hill) offers a FREE kids workshop for ages 5-12. Each child receives an apron, the supplies for a project that they get to complete, a certificate of completion, and a pin for their apron that has a picture of the project they did that day. Registration is required. For additional information call (352) 596-7699.
- Artful Possibilities offers a variety of fun art and craft classes for kids as well as open painting at their awesome studio! Tie dye, drawing, clay, painting….you name it they’ll help your kid have a blast doing it! For additional information call (352) 600-7904.
- Michaels (7131 Coastal Blvd., Brooksville) offers in-store crafts for $2 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10:00 a.m. until noon. Kids ages 5 and up are invited to explore 7 amazing museums with a different craft each day. For additional information call (352) 597-8537.
- Lowe’s Build and Grow Clinics let kids build a FREE wooden project on select Saturdays at 10:00 a.m. Kids get a Lowe’s apron and goggles to wear as well as a certificate of completion for projects they complete and an embroidered patch to add to their apron. Registration is required and opens a few weeks before each clinic’s date. The Spring Hill Lowe’s is located at 4780 Commercial Way (352-592-0176) and Brooksville’s Lowe’s is located at 7117 Broad Street (352-754-6320).
- Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store (4387 Commercial Way, Spring Hill) offers a variety of classes for kids including sewing, baking, and painting for $20 to $45. For additional information call (352) 597-0700.
Special thanks to
Hernando Orthopaedic for bringing SHN fans this article!