Florida’s annual Back-to School Sales Tax Holiday gives families the opportunity to save a few bucks shopping for the long list of school supplies and clothes that every kid needs. The 2017 sales tax holiday begins at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, August 4th and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, August 6th. During those couple of days no sales tax or local option tax is charged on purchases of:
- Clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling for $60 or less per item
- Certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item
- Personal computers and certain computer-related accessories, selling for $750 or less per item, when purchased for noncommercial home or personal use.
This sales tax holiday does not apply to:
- Any item of clothing selling for more than $60
- Any school supply item selling for more than $15
- Books that are not otherwise exempt
- Personal computers and computer-related accessories purchased for commercial purposes
- Rentals or leases of any eligible items
- Repairs or alterations of any eligible items
- Sales of any eligible items in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment, or airport.
For additional information or examples of qualifying purchases click here.